Virtual Reality Venues (“Singular, Plural) is committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
We will ensure that all personnel and subcontractors are aware of and understand Virtual Reality Venues obligations as well as their own obligations under the Act.
This Policy applies to all your dealings with Virtual Reality Venues, whether in person, or via telephone, email, correspondence or our website.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- Give you a better and more complete understanding of the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- Clearly and concisely communicate how and when we collect, disclose, use, store and otherwise handle personal information;
- Inform you about the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- Provide you with information about how you may access your personal information, and seek correction of your personal information;
- Provide you with information about how you may make a complaint, and how we will deal with any such complaint;
- Advise you of the circumstances in which we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients; and
- Enhance the transparency of Virtual Reality Venues operations.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you deal with Virtual Reality Venues, we will collect personal information in order to provide or prospectively provide, services to you. Such services include:
- complaint resolution services;
- advisory services;
- updates about events, products and services which may be of interest to you
- other products and services you may wish to purchase.
We do not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the services we provide or functions we carry out.
The types of personal information we generally collect includes but is not limited to:
- Date of birth.
- Residential address.
- Business address.
- Postal address.
- Email address.
- Home telephone number.
- Work telephone number.
- Mobile telephone number.
- Your occupation and business address.
- Financial information including names of banks or financial institutions including credit card providers where necessary.
- Insurance related information
- We will not ordinarily ask you to provide sensitive information however, we are required to collect certain information and data on behalf of the Federal Government for statistical purposes in relation to training course enrolments. This information includes information relating to:
- language and cultural diversity
- schooling and previous qualifications achieved
- employment status
- study reasons
Apart from the above, we will only collect sensitive information in circumstances where:
- It is reasonably necessary for one or more of the services Virtual Reality Venues provides or functions we carry out; and
- You consent to the collection of the information; or
- We are required or authorised by law to collect the sensitive information.
Virtual Reality Venues will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information directly from you. This may happen when you fill out a form or when you give us personal information in person, or via telephone, email, correspondence or our website. Sometimes we will collect personal information from a third party or a publicly available source.
If we receive personal information that we did not solicit, we will determine as soon as reasonably practicable whether we could have lawfully collected that information as part of our functions or activities. If we are not satisfied that we could have lawfully collected the information, then we will (if it is lawful and reasonable) destroy the information or ensure that it is de-identified. You may choose to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym where lawful and practical. Where anonymity or use of a pseudonym will render us unable to provide the relevant service or do business, we may request that you identify yourself.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected by Virtual Reality Venues will ordinarily be used for the following purposes:
- Processing Real Estate compliance forms
- Assisting you to resolve a complaint.
- Providing a relevant service or product as requested or ordered.
- Marketing of products and services to you.
In order to achieve the purposes described above, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- Our mediators and Tribunal representatives if you utilise our complaint resolution processes.
- Your legal advisor(s) and other relevant third parties involved in or relevant to a complaint referred to us for investigation and resolution.
- Your financial institution.
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering products or services, including independent contractors engaged by us as trainers or to provide us with a required service or product.
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems.
- Persons or organisations involved in commercial negotiations with our business.
- Organisations involved in payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations.
- Organisations involving in managing and hosting our online presence.
We will not disclose your personal information to government agencies, private sector organisations or any third parties unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented.
- You would reasonably expect, or you have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies.
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law.
- It is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body (eg. Police, ATO).
Personal information provided to Virtual Reality Venues will not be shared. There may be limited circumstances in which it is necessary for us to collect a government related identifier. We will not use or disclose your government related identifiers unless we are required or authorised to do so by law or by a court or tribunal order, or in order to fulfil our obligations to a State or Territory authority.
MARKETING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Virtual Reality Venues may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about products and services in which you may be interested. You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish us to market our products and services to you (see the Contact Us section for more information). You may contact us at any time to request that we refrain from providing your personal information to such parties (see the Contact Us section for more information).
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Virtual Reality Venues will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us (see the Contact Us for more information).
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents or electronically. Virtual Reality Venues is committed to keeping your personal information secure and safe. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Requiring employees and contractors to enter into confidentiality agreements.
- Secure hard copy document storage (i.e. storing hard copy documents in locked filing cabinets).
- Security measures for access to our computer systems.
- Providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions.
- Security measures for our websites (see the Your Privacy on the Internet section for more information).
- Anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-malware software
We will review and update our security measures from time to time. In addition, we will review the personal information and sensitive information held by us from time to time, ensuring that information which is no longer needed for a purpose for which it was initially collected is destroyed or de-identified.
YOUR PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET
Virtual Reality Venues takes care to ensure that the information you provide to us via our website is protected. For example, our website has electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information that Virtual Reality Venues holds about you by emailing email@example.com
We will acknowledge your request within 7 business days of the request being made. Access will usually be granted within 7 business days of our acknowledgment or, if the request involves complex considerations or voluminous photocopying or scanning, we will contact you to provide an alternative timeframe based on the circumstances and anticipated work involved. You will need to verify your identity before access to your personal information is granted.
Once your request has been processed by Virtual Reality Venues, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email or you may personally inspect it at the location where the information is held or another appropriate place.
If you are aware that we hold personal information about you that is no longer accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us (see the Contact Us for more information).
If you request access to your personal information, or if you request that we correct your personal information, we will allow access or make the correction unless we consider that there is a sound reason to withhold the information, or not make the correction. Under the Act, we may refuse to grant access to personal information.
If we do not agree to make a correction to your personal information, you may provide a statement about the requested corrections, and we will ensure that the statement is apparent to any users of the relevant personal information. If we do not agree to provide access to your personal information or to correct your personal information, we will provide written reasons for the refusal and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal (see the Complaints section for more information).
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
Virtual Reality Venues
5 Hazley Walk, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, MK18 7BL
(+44) 7928 594 775
If you consider that there has been a breach of the Privacy Principles, you are entitled to complain to Virtual Reality Venues(see the Contact Us section for more information). We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within 2 business days. We will investigate the complaint and attempt to resolve it within 14 business days after the complaint was received. Where it is anticipated that this timeframe is not achievable, we will contact you to provide an estimate of how long it will take to investigate and respond to the complaint.
We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information relating to the property. Some information has been obtained from third parties and has not been independently verified. Accordingly, no warranty, representation or undertaking, whether express or implied, is made and no responsibility is accepted by us as to the accuracy of any part of this, or any further information supplied by or on behalf our behalf, whether orally or in writing.
No entity or person guarantees the performance of the property. The information is general information only and any examples given are for illustrative purposes. The information does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. We recommend that you obtain financial, legal and taxation advice before making any decision. Any price is not a valuation and should not be relied on or treated as such. Prices, if indicated, have been estimated based on recent market evidence in the locality for comparable properties, to the extent available. Prices may not include GST.
Using this website
The use of this Website is at your own risk. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with accessing and using this Website.
You must not use this Website for any activities that breach any laws, infringe any party’s rights or breach any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority. You must not distribute through this Website any inappropriate communication or any virus or other disabling code in any form.
You must not bypass any security mechanisms imposed by this Website, or tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised access or modifications to this Website.
We do not warrant that access to this Website will be uninterrupted, or that the services and features offered on this Website will be error-free. We reserve the right to change or discontinue any feature on this Website, the availability of this Website and the software required to access it.
The information on this Website is provided for information purposes only, general interest and enquiry only. While Virtual Reality Venues takes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this Website is complete and up to date, to the extent permitted by law, we make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of any information on this Website. Information may change without notice. Before relying on any information on this Website, you should first verify the accuracy of the information and its relevance.
This may mean contacting Virtual Reality Venues before relying on any information on this Website.
To the extent permitted by law, Virtual Reality Venues excludes all other warranties, guarantees, terms and conditions (whether express, implied or statutory) relating in any way to this Website, its content or its use. Our liability for breach of any warranty, guarantee, term or condition implied into these Terms which cannot be excluded is limited, where permitted by law.